The mission of the CFC is to promote and support philanthropy through a program that is employee focused, cost-efficient, and effective in providing all federal employees the opportunity to improve the quality of life for all.
President John F. Kennedy established the CFC in 1961 as a once a year, in the workplace, appeal for Military, Federal and Postal Service employees to contribute, through payroll deduction, to their favorite charities. It was established because employees requested a convenient way to give and wanted to end multiple charity appeals in the work place. Your donation goes directly to where you say. Only those organizations you select (designate) will receive your gift, no others.
The CFC campaign is YOURS (the federal employee's); it does not belong to Management, the Federal Government, or to charitable organizations that benefit from it. It's YOURS by law. All Federal employees, who live, work or are home based in The Tennessee Valley make up your CFC. The Office of Personnel Management sets CFC policies. Our campaign is governed by Local Federal Employees known as the Local Federal Coordinating Committee (LFCC).
- Workplace giving is easy! Through payroll deduction, small amounts are deducted each pay period. By giving first, your financial contributions are never missed.
- Charities supported through CFC focus on children, individuals, and families who really need your help such as the hungry, homeless, sick, or mentally/physically challenged.
- Designate your financial contribution to the charities of your choice.
- Charitable organizations receive almost all of the funds collected; only a very minimal amount of money is spent on administrative costs.
- The Combined Federal Campaign has been around a long time with a proven track record for efficiency as well as accountability.
- Your co-workers review and approve all of the requesting charities; only those with the highest of standards are selected as participants in the CFC.
- Your fellow federal employees need you, but most importantly, your community needs you. Please do your part to help!
CARE Center Code #: 62813