Thrift Store Assistant Manager
Supervises and participates in the day-to-day operations of the thrift store and warehouse to achieve program and revenue objectives. The Assistant Manager understands and is passionate regarding the mission of The CARE Center. The Assistant Manager supports the Store Manager in the generation of sales and profitability through, expedited processing of items, merchandising, and managing store operations.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Must supervise and participate in the day-to-day operations of the thrift store
- Promote a positive work environment
- Ensures customers receive superior service; assists customers in locating items, prices, explains the store policy and The CARE Center’ mission
- Accountable for timely opening and closing of the store
- Confirms the accountability and security of daily close out of cash registers and daily deposits.
- Manages staff and volunteers; ensures compliance with established policies and procedures
- Manages daily expedited production of items from warehouse to sales floor, supervises the unloading of incoming donations in the warehouse, ensures that items are properly sorted, priced, and/or discarded in a timely manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Supervises and assists in bailing clothing and recycled items
- Manages daily sales, employee schedules
- Maintains the neatness and attractiveness of store merchandise
- Assists employees in resolving routine problems; effectively manage the conflict, complaint and resolution process, perform special assignments, as needed.
- Recruit, train and develop a high performing team of professionals and volunteers, evaluate employees’ performance, identify training needs
- Assist with housekeeping and other chores to maintain the store is kept clean, neat and orderly.
- Assist with managing operating costs and ordering supplies
Work is performed in a retail store/warehouse environment with mostly used merchandise, where there are physical discomforts associated with dust, dirt, changes in the weather and other factors.
Although we are a retail facility, The CARE Center thrift store is closed on Sundays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Retail store experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 9 hours
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, kneel and stretch to fulfill tasks
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and work on Saturdays
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Must understand, support and promote The Care Center Mission
To apply, print and complete the following documents and return to the CARE Center: