Our History
 
In 2000, four area churches (Cove United Methodist, Rivertree Church, Big Cove Presbyterian, & St. Columba Episcopal) put their denominations aside and came together to start The CARE Center after recognizing the unmet needs of our under-resourced neighbors in southeastern Madison County.  Initially, the  mission provided emergency food, toiletries, baby products, school supplies and financial assistance (serving 60 families / month on average).  By 2005, The CARE Center Executive Board and volunteers realized the importance of community development to help our neighbors become self-sufficient and began to design opportunities for higher education.
 
Today, because of God’s grace, The CARE Center has grown significantly, impacting the lives of so many of our neighbors.  Volunteers and staff are dedicated to walking through crisis while offering hope & opportunity to our neighbors regularly.  We are currently partnered with over 1000 students and families.
 
For more information on our founding churches, please visit their websites below.
 
 
Other member churches: